Healthier Beef, HEALTHIER FAMILIES
- Grass-fed beef is lower in fat and has been shown to lower LDL cholesterol levels.
- Grass-fed beef is lower in calories. A 6-ounce steak from a grass finished steer has 100 fewer calories than a 6-ounce steak from a grain finished steer.
- Grass-fed beef is tastier and more tender. Because our cattle are stress free and finished on high quality grasses, they produce a higher quality product.
- Grass-fed beef is significantly higher in omega-3 fatty acids, which are believed to reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Omega 3s are also believed to increase brain health and prevent depression, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's disease.
- Grass-fed beef has higher levels of certain B vitamins, calcium, and potassium than feedlot beef.
- Grass-fed beef is richer in vitamin E, beta carotene, and vitamin C.
Want to read it for yourself? Here are some helpful LINKS:
(Butterfield Farms does not endorse any of these sites, but thinks that some of the information is useful.)